When purchasing our individual flavor or isolated terpenes for use in vape devices there is some equipment that you will need in order to properly blend them with your cannabis extractions. This equipment is available through various websites. While we have links to examples of these products, we in no way endorse any specific manufacturer or website as better or cheaper than another.
You Will Need:
- A lab spoon for manual stirring and mixing. Can also be used for scooping of powders, manually measuring out BHO shards and as a dabber. An all around great tool!
- For commercial applications, in addition to the lab spoon, a magnetic stir hotplate with stir bars for thorough blending of larger batches.
- Glass sample beakers for mixing
- Disposable plastic pipettes for transferring and measuring liquids
- Small scale that is accurate to two decimal places (0.00)
- Vape pen reservoir for application
Instructions – WITHOUT Solvents
Weigh then add your base extraction material to a small glass beaker.
Take (1%) of the base extraction material weight of additive (terpene or flavor) and add it to base extraction material. Use a pipette to apply the additive.
Add Magnetic Stir bar, apply to stir plate and mix for 10 minutes. Product may need a very small amount of heat if material is too thick. Heat to no more than 115 degrees F or 45 Degrees C. * If you do not have a heat plate or stir bar, use metal mixing spoon to manually mix (This option may be less evenly blended). *
Apply Mixture to your application (vape reservoir, dab syringe, edible, beverage) and test.
Call us and let us know what you think!
Instructions – WITH Solvents
For manufacturers who choose to use PG or other solvents, it is important to note that you should mix the solvent and TasteBudds flavor before adding to your active material. We recommend that one should use a 5-20% add back rate of any particular solvent.
The following is an example of how to properly blend PG and TasteBudds flavors in harmony:
Assume the producer dilutes his product using 20% PG and wants to make a 100-gram batch. Based on the 20g of PG we are going to use 80g of active for a total solution of 100g.
We will also assume the flavor being used has a 2% add back rate. To get the desired quantity of flavor needed, we then take 100g and multiply by 0.02 (2%) and get a value of 2.00g of flavor needed.
Next, we take 20 grams of PG and add 2.00 grams of TasteBudds flavor, and mix well in a beaker for 5 minutes.
Take the 22-gram solution and add to your 80 grams of active material. Mix for 15-30 minutes using a stir bar/heat plate.
Note – Flavor Development often requires extensive trials. If your end product is too weak or too strong, try again and bring up or down your add back 1/2 of a %. When using solvents expect to require a higher add-back rate.
WARNING: These materials are used in many commercial applications. General usage levels vary from product to product, however a very good starting point is 0.2% of any single terpene or terpene combination up to as much as 3.0% depending on the finished product. Too high of concentrations will result in serious injury or health risk. The decision and responsibility for the final concentrations are solely yours as the purchaser of these materials. For more information visit our Policies, Terms and Conditions page.
- Solvent-Free Terpene Blend Information Page:
- Extract Consultants line of Terpene Blends are here! The people have demanded it, and we are here to provide it. These are pre-blended solutions of Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid terpene compounds intended for use as an all-natural terpene diluent. Designed to be added back to your end material at rates between 5-4.0%, to ensure that you maintain your products high-quality standards, while still providing enough improvement to the viscosity of the end product. Our Terpene Blends are the easiest ready-to-use solution on the market. Take your beautiful refined material, add a little natural essence back, and give your products a repeatable and controlled effect!
- Indica – The terpene focal points in our Indica blend are heavy on Linalool and Myrcene. This blend is very floral and woody, with strong notes of anise and lavender, representing the true tranquil, aromatic feeling one should expect in a heavy Indica profile.
- Sativa – Centered on terpenes D-Limonene, A-Pinene and B-Pinene, with notes of citrus, pine, and light floral back note, our Sativa Blend is sure to be a satisfying stimulant for a consistent sativa profile.
- Hybrid – A complex medley of terpenes, this hybrid blend is focused on equality. All terpenes are created equal, and we treat them as such in this blend, focusing on Limonene, Pinene, Linalool, Myrcene, and Caryophellene in equal proportions. The aroma of our Hybrid Blend will send you down multiple sensory paths of citrus, spice, and everything floral and nice.
- Specific Strain profiles will certainly be provided in the long run. We understand that this is ultimately what people want. However, to be frank, the industry is just not quite there yet. There are too many unknown variables that we are not looking at analytically as well as a non-existent market of materials needed to create a perfect strain match and put it into a bottle. We will get there, we promise. But for now, these Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid “effect” profiles are likely the closest thing you’re going to find!
- Give them a try! Let us know what you think!
- To learn more about how to add back our terpene blends, visit our How to Use Page. Still got questions? Send us an email at email@example.com.